Deposit for the catalogue
Periodic bibliographic searches allow to identify new cell lines of possible interest for the bank; the originator is then invited to deposit. Sometimes the originators ask to deposit their cell lines to take advantage of the services of quality control and safe deposit.
To deposit a cell line, a deposit sheet should be filled in and sent to the bank that will take care of the collection of the material.
The deposit sheet is needed in order to:
- provide users with as much information as possible on the cell line
- certify the correctness of the information
- authorize the bank to prepare a cell line stock for the distribution to the scientific
community, for research purposes
- indicate the possible restrictions to the distribution
- choose the option of safe deposit